The American Association of Orthodontists recommends an initial orthodontic evaluation at the first sign of orthodontic problems, or no later than seven years of age.
At this young age, orthodontic treatment may not be vital, but close examination can determine the best time to begin orthodontic treatment.
It is never too late to have a complimentary consultation.
Reasons for a Check-Up
It isn’t always clear for parents to determine if their child requires an orthodontic solution. There are however, a few signs or habits which may indicate a need for a check-up, no matter the age:
- Losing baby teeth at too early or late a time
- Difficult when biting or chewing
- Breathing through the mouth
- Sucking on one’s finger
- Sucking on one’s thumb
- Jaws that shift or make noises
- Misplaced, crowded or blocked out teeth
- Teeth that do not meet or meet abnormally
- Jaw and teeth out of proportion to the rest of the face
- Biting of the roof of the mouth or the cheeks
If you are concerned that your child or teen may have any of the above symptoms, contact us today and schedule a consultation with our Orthodontists on staff.
Ready to make an appointment? Contact us today at 818-884-4422 or send us a message.